Originally Posted by Newmoparfolsom
Hi guys I am new to this form and need some help with my first mopar buying decision. I have been looking for 70 and 71 barracudas now for quite some time and I have narrowed it down possibly to the one shown in the link below. Part of the reason that it interests me is that it appears to have the unique N27 code 383 with a four barrel. I am buying this 60% for personal enjoyment but 40% for investment reasons. Can anyone steer me the right way for this major decision? Thanks for your help! Below is the link:
https://www.grautogallery.com/vehicles/6645/1970-plymouth-barracuda

Here is my twocents
I agree with some of the comments above. That car was a Green on green car modified to resale color combination. I didn't decode rest of tag to determine if other options are legit, but as mentioned a lot of that is bolt on so no big deal.
But, if you want blue and black then keep looking. I would think a legitimate shop, to tear down and respray car properly will be at least, and I am being very light, $10k-$20k. That's a scuff and shoot. Who knows what will get uncovered, what gets lost during the process (you'll be at least a year or two without the car), and what will get broken and need replacing.
You indicate a large portion of your intent on ownership is investment. To me, that says look elsewhere too. You will never get out the original purchase price and reshoot. Also, any serious collector who is looking for investment will probably shy away from a green on green car. Original color combinations rule in investment market. And green,even though loathed by many in the market, still brings good coin for right options and configuration.

But, its your money.

68 Road Runner (383/4speed, post car w/decor pkg) - Major Project
69 Road Runner w/472 Hemi & 4 speed.
70 Challenger R/T SE EF8 w/ V9J, U - A32 - Major Project
2023 Ford Mach 1