Originally Posted by earlymopar
I went back into this thread and wanted to ask you what in your opinion makes a truck a "soccer mom" level rig? For decades, trucks have had different sized engines and suspension capacities because there are different market segments and user needs. There are compromises going in either direction for sure. But if a gas-Hemi truck is a good pulling alternative to a much more expensive diesel (at a potential loss of mileage), why wouldn't a diesel with more torque than a hemi (but less than a 6.7 Cummins) be an even better option?

- EM

I work on Rams.... there is absolutely NO WAY IN HE77 I’d ever own an Eco-diesel...... ya’ll do what you want! laugh2 I have no personal experience with the Nissan/Cummins version other than subpar reviews from my buddy that was a GM at a dealer. However as the op was requesting in something in the 2500 segment I’d definitely look at the 6.4 Hemi. I’ve even noted the last couple years the sno-bird crowd has been showing up in the south with this package. I just worked on a 122k mile one the other day. 18.1 avg mpg in the display. This is a work truck and I know they move spray equipment with it, but it’s probably driven lightly. Still, decent for a 2500 4x4.