Originally Posted by Moparnut426
Just curious if there would be any interest in my custom Z-bar and clutch release rods I make. I’ve made several sets and they work great! Less sloppy, and a smoother feel when releasing the clutch.

I would be interested in one. I'm using an American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing kit on my 68 Coronet which comes with a generic threaded rod, heim joint and coupler arrangement to actuate the master cylinder. See pic.

Unfortunately, the eyelet on the supplied rod end is too small and does not fit over the factory clutch rod pin on the pedal. Looked around for a different rod end but was having a tough time finding an eyelet big enough to fit over the pin and couple to the smaller rod. It would take a series of adapters which are not easy to find.The rod gets threaded into the master coupler on the firewall which I believe is 5/16-24.

As you can see in the pic, they supply a shouldered bolt to attach the eyelet to the pedal but I'd rather not drill the pedal. I also want to use the factory pin to maintain a somewhat correct pedal ratio.

IMG_2642.JPG

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500