Originally Posted by NachoRT74
Originally Posted by 383man
My son just bought this Power Master 100 amp one wire alt for $160. He bought it right of the internet and it looks just like the stock Mopar alt. It works great as its a 100 amp alt and we love that it looks like the older alt that all the Mopar muscle cars used. Don't need any extra brackets as it mounts right in the stock location with the stock brackets. And it uses an internal regulator and is just one wire for it. Just hook up the right size output wire and go ! Ron

[Linked Image]

That's more the 80s Mopar alt look than 60s and 70s. It's a hair wider which depending on year and block and AC or not can be a problem to fit being tight, but easy to solve.

And actually I don't think uses an internal regulator really but a mounted on unit.

Nope its not mounted on the alt as I would know that in an instant. Ah I can surely tell if it had a reg mounted on it as I know them alt very well and am not that dumb.
And it looks very much like the 60 and 70's alt on the car. Only real difference is it does not have pressed in diodes but you cant tell that on the car without looking real close. I know the Mopar electrical system pretty well since I was a Dodge tech for 24 years and have worked with Mopar electrical systems since the 70's and believe me the reg is internal and inside the case. I have seen the ones with the external mounted regulator and did not care for them. No problem fitting it as I used the same alt stock shim on the through bolt and it fit just like the stock unit. As far as I can tell its the same size as a stock alt for where it bolts on the eng. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 07/13/19 12:59 AM.