Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
When you put a powerglide behind a Mopar engine it’s never a bolt it on and go situation. Every setup is different and has to be setup for proper engagement. Some I had to cut the nose off, some needed a 1/2 inch shim, and some needed 1/8.
work scope The starter gear contact to the ring gear needs to be looked at as he is saying, it should not bottom out or barely engage either scope
My S/P car had a 5/8 spacer for the starter to the mid plate on the car but I needed to reduce the thickness down to .270 ( 3 .090 steel spacers) to get the starter gear engaged in the center of the ring gear on my motor work scope
My tranny is a older Reid Chevy SFI case cut up buy the previous owner to make the starter mount like the original Mopar mounted on the drivers side of the .090 thick mid plate using 3/8 bolts downconfused I had the bolts come loose at the last race two weeks ago, I replaced them with 7/16 bolts with a shoulder to help hold the starter better luck
I'm going to buy a adapter bell housing and cut the Chevy bell off to the tranny case to redo the starter mounting to avoid future problems luck wrench

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 07/09/19 12:35 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)