Originally Posted by hemicar1971
The number on a broadcast sheets are for picking parts. The Cushion line or seat line would build what ever the next broad cast sheet said to, the line worker does not care what is next it is just the next job to build and if it was purple interior the worker would not care. Been there done it. In a lot of automotive plants the sub assembly lines are not near the main line and a drag chain or a conveyor would take the parts to the main line from the subassembly line and an operator would transfer then to the vehicle. The worker that loads the interior into the vehicle would just look to see if the Numbers matched between the parts and the Vehicle. The way personal changed in the plants in 1970 and how rare a V08 is on any built no one would know or care what V08 on the line is.

The thing someone might do is circle the V08 but I bet the line worker would just look at the interior color code and built the seats.

My 71 Barracuda Gran Coupe is an "available but not recommended" car. I have no broadcast sheet for it but I do have the original fender tag. BP23N1B with FE5 and brown leather interior. Fairly well optioned car with console mounted cassette deck and rear window louvers. Maybe the V08 is a 1970 only code?