I can tell you what I've done to get my E body to hook. I have never tried a no prep event and do not plan to...ever.
Keep in mind that I run a radial tire. For no prep, you're gonna want a bias ply tire.

Out back is nothing special...just the Calvert mono springs and their bars. No preload, just touching on both sides w/ driver sitting in the car.
I ran the Rancho/Calvert 9 way shocks (set stiff on 9) for a long time on the rear and they worked great running mid 9s at 140 mph naturally aspirated (6.0s at 113 mph 1/8 mile). Regular 1.32-1.34 sixty foots. My car is over 3800 lbs. also.

Up front is still all the factory suspension with factory original 340 sb torsion bars. All bushings are polyurethane. Removed UCA bump stops for max travel and removed the sway bar.
The UCA bushings I modified to "free" them up. By reaming the bushing slightly so the steel sleeve in them isn't too tight and using a little moly grease. A test to see if they're loose enough is remove the tire, the shock, and back the torsion bar all the way off. Lift up on the spindle and then let go...the spindle should drop freely until it hits bottom. If it doesn't, it's binding. The UCA bushings were too tight and causing mine to be real stiff.
You could just use some aftermarket UCAs w/ hemi joints.
If you have big block torsion bars, I think they'll be too stiff for you. At your weight, I'd go w/ sb bars.

Front shocks made the most difference on my car...no matter how fast it's been. Comp Engineering 3 way adjustable fronts always seemed too stiff...even set on 90/10. Lakewood 90/10s worked great and that's what I used for many years running anywhere from the high 11s down to mid 9s naturally aspirated. I tried the Calvert 90/10 front shocks, but the car would NOT hook w/ them. They were too loose and caused the car to unload when they bottomed out. On a slower car they may work fine, but they were junk on mine (when running mid 9s).

When I started w/ the nitrous, the car was hit or miss. If it hooked, it went straight up, but it usually just blew the tires off. A set of Viking DA shocks at all 4 corners helped a lot, but ultimately I had to take gear out of it. Went from 4.10s to 3.54. Still too much SLR, but it's working good so far.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax