Originally Posted by abodyjoe
so i'm trying to get the exhaust parts together. looks like all i need now are the pipes that go from the H-pipe to the mufflers. may just get them made locally. i also need to decide on mufflers. anyone with a LRE have any suggestions on a muffler a little louder then stock but not obnoxiously loud and doesn't drone?

walker site has a few numbers listed. was wondering if anyone has used the dynomax super turbo # 17747. says its a direct replacement. just don't want a drone...

I have a pair of 17747s on my 440 75 Charger - the rumble is great at idle as is the roar at WOT. In the middle there is a bit of drone but it's not horrible. Also put a pair of 17748s on my 318 RC, same muffler with different pipe sizes. Same good rumble, not as much roar because less cubes and much less drone. Might have something to do with clearance between muffler and floor on B body vs truck.

My LRE is running NAPA 21848s which are probably Walkers. The body is an inch longer than the ones above and my notes say they came with a lifetime warranty. At the moment I've got 15 yrs and 25,000 miles on them. Sound great, loud without being annoying, zero drone.