So I've started the work on my W2 Econo heads, in the shop now, all valve train parts having been acquired. In parallel to this work the question of "best" street/trip rocker arms came up. I currently have the MP blue ones (from some years ago), still in the box, so presumably in good shape. But since my heads are the Econo heads I still needed to source the shafts, mounting hardware, etc.

Well, my machinist suggested that I simply bite the bullet on this expense and go Harland Sharp and never worry again. Alright, I have read plenty of good reviews here about these, I reached out to the HS folks, spoke with Randy Jr. who agreed to send me a test rocker arm so I could confirm that my CompCams #930 valve spring, which is 1.550" OD will clear their rockers, which are good up to 1.500". They did, so I thought "awesome, I'm all set"! To boot I have been looking at the 1.6 ratio rockers, heck, why not. I have it all taken apart and now is the time to "design" for max benefit (so to speak).

Hmm...that lasted a couple of hours, b/c as I kept on wanting to order them and twirling the rocker in my hand I couldn't force myself to overlook the fact that these do not have the valve roller oiling provision.

Is that a big deal? I am worried that it may in fact be for my application: this is not a 1/4 mile hauler that I'm building, it is a street (90%) / strip (10%) car, which will see plenty of idle and off-idle time.

Every single rocker I've ever owned, the CompCamps Mangum, the Crane ductile iron or the W2 MPs to name a few, have always had valve tip direct oiling provision. I emailed HS about this, but haven't heard back. In the meantime I figured I'd reach out for some forum feedback.

So what say you? Is this something I am overthinking? I will say that the roller wheel diameter on the HS rocker is much bigger than the MP one (0.610" vs 0.477").