Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the 6 pack motors had 4 "eyebrows" in the pistons ? As in valve reliefs. I realize that this involves popping a head off, but is this information correct ?? I am interested in this answer also. I have a 72 Sat (parts car) that came with a 440HP & 4 speed. The motor is supposed to be out of a 6 pack car. It has the 6 pack bottom end , it has the correct damper. The funny thing is , it is possible. This car was pieced togethor many years ago, with a ton of good parts, factory cassette deck, air grabber hood, front and rear spoilers , 2 72 RR grilles etc. Even came with a mint spare drivers door with a 71 6 pack RR vin attached to it .

You're correct; there are a few things (like the valve reliefs) that are unique to a 440-6 but it's irrelevant unless you KNOW the engine hasn't been changed or rebuilt in the last 39 years.

OTOH there is no such thing as a "six pack bottom end": all HP motors starting in '70 used those rods and damper......and as it's already been said, there is nothing unique about the block itself.

Dave

So.. all 70+ 440HP engines have "six pack" rods and the elliptical "six pack" damper?

Correct till about 73 or 74 ...

Yep, what John said......which is why the term "six pack rods" is the biggest misnomer in Mopar history.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]