Just maybe I got lucky, here's the story. Last Sept bought a Rons primer plus, put it on in October, Hurt my back late October so everything went on hold. Surgery in Dec, unable to work in the shop till a few days ago. I had taken the valvetrain all apart to look for problems, repaired two rockers, and put it all back together a couple of days ago. I had also removed the intake to check the lifters. So after reassembling everything, I tried to start it on the primer plus. No go. So I went to alcohol, floored the throttle to fill the lines, let off as usual when the first cylinder pops. When it lit, rpms went right to the moon! OH no! So I slammed the ignition switch off. The addition of the 3/4 inch thick primer plus raised the throttle rod just enough so a jam nut on the rod caught on the dash panel, holding the throttle open about a third of the way. After closing the throttle, I did fire it up at an idle for and instant and didn't here anything funny going on. So now at the very least I should check the valvetrain. It did have 20 psi cranking oil pressure when it first started, so I am not to worried about bearings. But is it possible I hurt any pistons? It cranks evenly on all cylinders, so I hope I didn't break anything. I figure besides checking the valvetrain I should drain a few ounces of oil and look for anything funny., just to make sure the bottom end is most likely ok. Anything I didn't think of hear? I suppose I should do a compression test with the engine warm just to make sure all is well. I could also do a stall test at staging rpm(4800) to see if power is up to snuff, which I will do anyway before I load the car up.

Last edited by gregsdart; 05/29/19 05:29 PM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky