Originally Posted by mopower440
seems like when I tried it before it would buck and jump at a light cruise..explain more how to use this..It only comes into play from right after start up until WOT correct, then it drops to the 32 total mechanical I have? Where should I hook the vacuum to?
I would set the initial with the "vac gauge method" then with that # in hand set the total (initial+slots) to 36 by welding up/shortening the slots (I just found out there is an issue with the FBO plate) then mix/match springs so you are just under the pinging point at WOT up thru the gears on your hottest/driest (most likely to ping) day then plug in the can to ported (no vac to can at idle) & work with it so that you are just under the pinging point in everyday driving under varying load/RPM conditions (3/32 allen wrench & there are can with different in hg starting points. this may take alot of experimentation & for a radical build you may very well want to omit the can & there are manifold afficionados such as Don at FBO who swear by it. Bottom line NO pinging ever tho you want to stay fairly close to that line but never over it & peoples' hearing varies so give it a cushion & gas is crap. Do check rotor phasing for the bucking/jumping at light cruise & I am assuming you ain't too lean/nor too much timing.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth