Sure, You would stick a large screwdriver in the intergear slot & turn it CW to raise the teeth up above the cam gear teeth so it can turn CW (some intergears are tight with buildup & need a stout L shaped tool under it to get it to raise up). Just move it CW then let it set back down/mesh on the cam gear to where with the dist installed, the rotor is pointing forward & slightly toward the pass side (as you know the dist can be flipped 1/2 turn). Actually you can clock the intergear anywhere & just plug in the #1 above the rotor but maintaining the OE diagram (my suggestion) lets the plug wires nestle the neatest with the shortest lengths possible & keeping the OE setup on this area can help prevent future mistakes (not a dealbreaker but everything in a positive direction is a bennie). (1) clock it to OE (1A) can moved forward on pass side (3) coil location potential issue (not my area of knowledge). EDIT with this being dual points, I think they fire when the 2nd set of points "just" opens, grab your test light or ohmmeter. MORE EDIT prestolite dual point dist- with the can sideways toward the pass side (lets say that is 3 0'clock), the point wire is up at 1 0'clock

Last edited by RapidRobert; 05/21/19 11:37 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth