I have run most types of carb, they are all pretty good if you take the time to sort them out. generally speaking i tend to find carter and the newer edelbrock copies a bit easier on fuel and good running but i find holley carbs are more forgiving and a touch harder on fuel. if i am looking for pure performance a double pumper is the way to go but in general i tend to end up with vacum secondary holleys on my cars i find them a easy to tune as i have the jets and small bits to do them the eddys tune ok but you will need to get the tuning kit for the jets and metering rods and springs. also with a modest cam an eddy or carter is just fine run a big cam and holleys are less of a hassle to get tuned in right. if i was you i would look for the newest carb you can find to rebuild or better yet one that already runs good so all you have to do is tune it. if you get a holley try to find one that is new enough to have blue non stick gaskets and blowout protection.

2013 Chrysler 300 touring 1974 Dodge Charger SE. 360-727-8.75-3.23 sure grip 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4