As for your questions:

Quote:

And a couple of questions:
-can I use the Magnum exhaust manifolds from a truck?
-when I go to the car oil pan, do I need to use a center sump pickup?
-since Im changing the timing cover, Im assuming I need to change the cam to an earlier LA-style (with fuel pump drive)
-I have a new M1 intake-is that too much with a 340-ish cam even if I use a small 650 carb? If so, what other intakes are out there for the Magnum heads?
-the /6 has a 904 trans and Im just going to use a V8 A904-Im assuming that other than the bellhousing, theyre the same?
-the Magnum engines are externally balanced(?); do I need a counterbalanced flywheel?

1. The magnum exhaust manifolds only fit in an early A.
2. Just buy the 360 center-sump pan/pickup combo from MP
3. The cam needs to be a Magnum roller cam with a long snout ordered on a core. I got a Hughes HER1804ALN As an alternative, you can use a stock cam, and get Hughes' bolt kit and a MP fuel pump eccentric to attach to the end of it.
4. If it's the M1 single-plane, then it might be too much for a stockish cam. Edelbrock and Performance Products make a dual-plane, as does MP, but the problem with the PP one is bad runner alignment. The cheapest Edelbrock is at Hughes, $245.95
5. The transmissions are the same from trucks to A-bodies, but I don't know about vans. You'll have the balancer from a Magnum which is offset, so the easiest way to do it is to get a 5.9 Magnum flexplate and a neutrally-balanced torque converter (318 torque converters are neutral)

Hope this helps.

Last edited by sharpie; 03/24/09 10:58 PM.