I’m currently wrestling with a poorly surfaced area for my banjo bolt crush washer to seal on my remanufactured Mopar disc brake caliper. I wish I knew where to get a 7/16” piloted spot facing cutter that could maybe even make the concentric ribbed sealing circles like a stock one! Does anyone know where to get such a cutter with a pilot for 7/16 banjo bolt? Or would it be a worthwhile venture to have a machinist make a handful like a group buy type deal? Or does anybody know if the russel stat-o-seal style washer with the captured o-ring is compatible with dot 3? I know a lot of bikes run those but they also run dot5 silicone brake fluid.

I guess for most if they can’t get a good seal the cheapest option is a new reman caliper at $30-$50. I am going to remove the caliper, inspect and possibly file it a little flatter if there’s a burr or something. I have freshly annealed new copper sealing washers to try but after that I’m going to either rebuild my old caliper or buy another unless I figure out how to resurface this one.

Radar