On our 70 Challenger, I have found and investigated throughly a problem where the interior of the car becomes unreasonable hot in the summertime.

I have determined several reasons for this.

1. Engineering of ventilation system could have been better designed. Engine heat(512 ci, TTI headers) can leak past the flimsy rubber gasket that is supposed to prevent engine heat entering fresh air vents. When you open them, just heats further the interior. I have replaced gasket and yes it is installed correctly,,,I have seen many in backwards.

The source for the fresh air is directly behind this gasket, so engine heat that gets past gasket, jus goes into car cabin.

2. Heater control is not a hot water valve that you can control. It merely shuts off air flow over heater core. This leaves a heater core full of 190 degree coolant sitting in your cabin,,,just as an old radiant coal fired pot belly stove. Yes my heater gaskets are fine and heater control cable is properly adjusted.

3. I have decided a half/[censored] fix would be to stop coolant flow to heater in summertime. For esthetics I do not want a shut off valve.

4. Have decided best approach would be to plug the hoses.

Questions. Which hose or perhaps both? How to plug and yet reconnect so all looks normal?

Am thinking of proper sized(5/8 and 3/4) intake manifold plugs that have Allen wrench capability. Screwing these in and removing when our mild winters are near.

Anyone see any problems with this,,,or perhaps a better way to plug the hoses. Do both hoses,,or which one?

Currently driving back from Goodguys on a hot August day is a miserable experience. Am hoping this will help.