I have not had good luck with the Inova units. They are of quality construction as far as the case, leads, etc., but of the three I had over a three year period, only one failed while it was still under warranty. The warranty replacement, after a year and about three uses, just started going flaky during use, intermittently flashing, tach being way off, voltmeter being wrong, completely going off while connected, etc. (I'd guess that was due to sloppy soldering on the circuit board). I tried swapping lead sets to no avail. The next one I bought blew the strobe after about three uses and sitting for over a year between uses. They were all the pro units.

That said, the strobe was nice and bright, the features and interface are useful and handy, and the detachable leads ability to change the angle of the strobe and case are also nice. I explored replacing the strobe with their tech support, and the bulb was $60 plus shipping.

I'm currently using the Bosch one they sell at O'Reilly's. Not as feature packed and is definitely of chintzier construction than the Inova, but over a year now and no fails. Also, O'Reilly's will swap it out easily enough in the event of a fail. Leads are hardwired in, no case and the display is an LED panel instead of LCD.

Dial-back feature is almost a must with my aging eyes, even though my damper is laser etched up to 60*.