So a while back I bought a brand new Milodon road race oil pan, installed it and put the motor on a dolly while I work on the car. I put oil in it to prime the motor every now and then. Well one day I noticed a small puddle of oil and it was clearly coming from around the drain plug.. So I cleaned it up and tightened the plug - which was already pretty damn tight! Well that didn't solve the problem so now I'm worried that there's a pinhole in the welded bung. So I put the motor back on the engine stand ready to pull the pan if necessary. I drained the oil and cleaned everything off and saw that the plug "gasket" is actually a copper washer - and a pretty hard one at that! So I figured I'd cover all bases before pulling the pan and went and bought an assortment of drain plug washers. The first one I tried is a steel washer with a rubber or viton seal molded onto it. I filled the oil back up and it hasn't leaked a drop in a week (the original would form a drip in a couple hours). So MY lesson is to keep spare seals on hand and use a new one with every oil change. Its worth a buck not to have oil dripping and have to drain seven quarts to fix it. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the rear crank seal doesn't leak when I finally fire the motor !!