Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Is this a pump gas street motor? If so you will probably have detonation problems on todays pump swill with that much compression work twocents
:

Yeah Cab, I'm thinking it may have problems on pump gas.... But that's the cards I've been dealt with this build. Backstory of this motor, the longblock was apparently built in the 80s (guessing from the bearing date codes) and never used, My uncle bought it 10-12 years ago and got it running in his Dart with a single 4bbl and it sat... Last year at Carlisle he bought the cross ram setup and manifolds. Went to put the cross ram on last fall and noticed a loose rocker, further investigation showed the cam had a flat lobe...So he asked me to go through it. I cleaned and checked it out, new cam bearings, crank polished, and new rod and mains are on order.

I know the pistons are TRW replacement 11:1 pistons. I'm hoping once I get checking piston height and head CCs that i'll end up with less than 11:1 compression. It previously had a Crane ZIP 510 solid FT cam in it.

.ZIP-510 for the B/RB
.340" intake lobe lift, .3455" exhaust lobe lift,
Valve lash is .028" intake, .032" exhaust at operating temperature.
The duration at .050" tappet lift is 254 degrees intake, 264 degrees exhaust.
Lobe separation is 112 degrees.