I have been using SPI for several years now and even still have some of the base & single stage paint. They had the BEST ss Black I've ever seen.Shame they quit it but the paint line was just too much to deal with so they decided to go back to what they do best. The Universal Clear is about an idiotproof a product as you can use. No offense intended but if I can spray it like glass with a HF Purple gun you can only imagine what it looks like thru a Iwata or Sata.Which,btw looks AWWWSOME..
Barry has a tendancy to take "perfect" and try to make it better,which gets him in trouble occasionally hence the "small" issues that pop up in some products from time to time but all in all,their products are as good as ANY manufactured today by ANYone PERIOD....
Every paint manufactuer has "issues" at times but the BIG difference is,
Barry will own up and make it right instead of telling you,as the majors do, "It's YOUR fault".
I keep the White and Black epoxy onhand and can mix to any shade of Gray I wish. I can go on for pages about the products and the support but all you need do is try some and your sold.
The shipping problems were associated with the transporter,Usually Fedx as when Baker switched from UPS,2 of my shipments were pretty banged up from FedUp.
SPI ships direct from the factory now and if it's beat up,it's the shippers fault but SPI has taken steps to insure it won't as they go overkill on the packing now.
Exceptional products and Exceptional people.
Heck,I even painted my mower with it and even today,a quick wash and buff,it's back to as sprayed condition.

5121985-100_0429.JPG (204 downloads)