My Daytona clone has a fiberglass aftermarket nose. The headlight doors actually lay back to expose the fixed headlights inside. When I bought it the headlight doors were vacuum operated, the problem being that after 45 mph the vacuum couldn't hold the doors closed. I removed the vacuum set up and installed electronic actuators with the rocker switch mounted on the dash. The main power runs off the feed that use to operate the power windows, so it's powered from the fuse block. Each actuator draws a max of 5 AMP's, I was planning on installing a 10 AMP in line fuse. A car buddy/mechanic is telling me I need to install a relay, that the in line fuse isn't enough. He said it's simple, just wire it like a fog light set up. I looked up the wiring for fog lights, it's not the same, with the lights you run one wire to ground. with the actuators you need to run both wires back to the switch, so you can reverse power to open and close the doors.
Spent an hour looking at relay diagrams, not an electronics expert so any input would help.

My Dad always told me, when setting goals " avoid disappointment, aim low".