Howdy

I ordered a master kit to install a sniper efi system on my 512 streetrod truck. The fuel system works flawlessly with my 950 carb but I want to insure my pickup won’t get uncovered and stall, stutter, or stress the high pressure pump with cavitation so I am planning to make a surge tank to keep the big pump fed.

I am not interested in cutting my tank for baffles, sump, or in tank pump. I don’t want to spend $$$ on a fancy surge tank with a pump in it.

I am considering making a small tank but a few issues are above my pay grade. Pix are worth 1000 words so check out my drawings. If I feed the tank with my stock mechanical pump will that work? Should have enough volume right? As long as I prime it first and it isn’t in a hot place it would be simpler than the other option of using a small low pressure (5ish psi) lift pump to keep the surge tank full.

Second question- my return will go to the bottom of my main fuel cell, so aeration shouldn’t be a problem but would it be ok to vent/return the surge tank to a tee in the return line from the sniper? I want the fuel to circulate and stay cool and not deadhead a lift pump. I also would not want to vacuum lock the surge tank so I want a vent/return on it.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Radar

C9419013-DA55-4EA2-887F-68B5EB1D5631.jpeg
Last edited by radar; 04/25/19 02:27 PM.