I believe Fram painted two bubbles orange for the photo shoot or preproduction shots of the 1970 Challenger with a shaker hood. In 1970 as most know the hood was not available for a vast period of time until early April. Friend of mine ordered a 1970 Challenger 440-6 and put on the Dealer order form that it had to have the Shaker Hood. I believe his build date was April 12th. I also believe he ordered the Challenger in October or November of 1969 and the Challenger bubble color was argent and the car Lime. I have seen both Argent and Black on Challengers in 1970 and this goes for 1971 also. 1970 the Cuda had a Red Bubble up to the end of December beginning of January on Red FE5 Cudas. and I have seen both Black and Silver on Cudas. I also have seen both black and silver on 1971 Cudas. I would paint the bubble to a color that looks nice with the color on your Challenger. Even if your choice is to paint it to match the cars color, it is still a personal choice. If you are doing the resto thing paint it either Black or Argent. The argent in a spray can was not to bad a product for painting a bubble but the argent that use to be sold by a few in a quart can was far better. Never used Frank Badalsons argent but it is likely very good and likely being made by some paint company.

As for texture on the bubble it is rougher than most think as Tommy Chryco has stated. Both my original bubbles have lost a lot of the roughness over the years from being washed and by general use.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY