I'm going to be using one of the last sets of the original 275/60R15 M/T ET Street Radials Jeg's had when The MoPig finally gets back on the track. Once those are worn out, it looks like the current replacements options are:
- M/T S/S, which has more wet-road grooves than the originals
- M/T ET Street R, which has "just enough" grooves (scratches?) more than the ET Street Pro to get DOT approval for road use
- M&H, which are an unknown quantity to me, nor do I know anyone locally using them to ask about them

Disregarding the price differences, I think my questions are:

1. How does the M/T S/S compare to the original ET Street Radial?

I know when they came out, there was a lot of controversy about them not hooking up as well. A guy I know from way back says they work the same on his car, but his small-block A-body is also close to 2 seconds slower (1/4 ET) and not an apples-to-apples comparison to a nose-heavy BB E-body.

2. How close is the M/T ET Street R to the MT ET Street Radial Pro on the track?

At least it's "legal" for the drive home, but not something I'd want to risk on any type of wet road. The original tire wasn't as horrible as I thought it was going to be driving home in the rain, but there's no delusion about the "R" being able to do that. ==> "Look, a cloud! Better pull over! eek "

Oh, how about life expectancy w/ real street use? The originals weren't that great, but I still gotta ask.

3. Does anyone else besides Ray Myers (sixpackgut) have experience w/ the M&Hs?

???

FWIW, I'm leaving the Hoosier and Nitto drag radials out of the discussion for different reasons, so please limit any responses to the subject tires. Thanks - Brad