Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
I remember back in the 70s, people talking about Imron. they were painting tow truck bodies with it because they said you could drag a chain across it without a scratch. When I get my old 68 sweptline truck painted up for camper hauling and trailer pulling duty, I want the paint to be as durable as possible. This truck is going to get worked and I know stuff will happen to it. So what's the toughest paint I can use now that will still look good? And what about repairing it if needed? Thanks, Joel

Imron being a polyurethane is still the toughest choice out there... but new technologies in Clear coats and paint treatment coatings have come a long way, Imron is rather limited in color choices, and being single stage is not as forgiving as BC/CC when spraying it so the painter had better be an accomplished artist with the gun...

You could go with a ureathane basecoat from Dupont/PPG/Glasurit/Spies Hecker/etc/etc to obtain the color choice you desire and topcoat with a ceramic clear or Nanocoat clear from the likes of Motostorm, or a standard BC/CC from the paint manufacturer of your choice and after some time have it detailed and treated with the likes of Gyeon Mohs Q2, it's a permanent paint treatment that's currently the hardest surface sealer that can only be removed with machine buffing compounds.... all depends what your budget is?