Originally Posted by fourgearsavoy
Originally Posted by 1DGEMAN
Originally Posted by AndyF
I designed up some simple little plates that can be welded into the end of the K frame to use as tie down points. I added a pair to my Duster and they seem to work just fine so I'll put these up on the website if anyone else wants them. They do need to be welded into the K frame which can be a dirty nasty job. I had my K frame out of the car and clean when I did the weld so it was easier.

From that location can you criss cross the tie downs without them rubbing? Tie downs should always be crossed to prevent side to side movement.

When you "criss cross" the tie downs you kind of defeat the purpose of a tie down ratchet strap deal. When you arrange the tie downs straight from the anchor points your car is more stable and if one strap breaks or comes loose the other strap pulls straight and will still keep the car from coming off the trailer. I see guys crossing the straps and I wonder if they ever looked at the basic physics of what would happen if one strap broke. Hook them up straight and it will be safer shruggy
Flame on cross strappers biggrin

Gus beer