Originally Posted by AndyF
I know you cheated. I saw a second grader sitting at your computer earlier.

On a somewhat related note, I've dyno tested two 500 inch Mopar big blocks this week with Trick Flow 240 heads and hyd roller cams. Both engines required a bunch of fuel and timing at cruise to keep from burning up the exhaust. The big problem was right around 2000 rpm with a slight load. Roughly equal to driving down a flat freeway at 70 mph. The tune file that was working in my Coronet last summer would not work in either of these engines. The EGTs would go skyhigh and the engine would shut down. We ended up adding a bunch of timing (35 to 40 degrees) and adding some fuel and then they were happy.

I do not know what is going on but I suspect it has to do with how well the Trick Flow 240 heads flow at low lift. Perhaps the intake charge is getting sucked into the exhaust or something like that. Anyway, just keep an eye on your engine if you are out cruising on the freeway. Your carb might fat enough already but I really doubt you have much ignition advance at 2000 rpm since you don't have vacuum advance on that MSD. So you are probably running low to mid 30's and you don't have any way to get more advance than that.

would spreading the LSA on the cam help with that cruise quirk??