Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Thanks yall. I know it needs to be the same or real close to the factory manifold height, but not sure if there's much "wiggle room" for a slightly taller manifold.

The Edelbrock CH4B and Performer should be close to stock height, but they are a little taller I believe. The Mopar M1 dual plane is stock height, but hard to find since they aren't made anymore.

Chip, I calculate the wiggle room is just under 3/4". I'm running Indy EZ heads on an RB with an aluminum Edelbrock six pack intake, and the factory shaker parts. My shaker sits up proud of the stock position by just over 1/2". It all still works together, but I do have a few rub marks from the hood's trim ring studs on the bubble.

Here's a picture of it. In my opinion, it sure makes the stock position look too low after seeing it sitting up higher.

Cuda4.jpg

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)