Originally Posted By Dragula
Originally Posted By BradH
Originally Posted By Dragula
And so the upgrades are starting to come together...Heads will stay the same for now...My next build is hopefully a procharger motor...

You're leaving a significant amount of power on the table by not spending any money on the heads. I guess I don't understand what your goal is, since it seems to have changed from the original post.

5's is still the goal ....We weren't far off last year, and with a burnt head gasket and blown header tube, there should be some power left on the table. But yes, heads were what we originally wanted to do, but I think we will change it up more next year and with a procharger, we don't need super good heads.

Money was the other decision. New heads were outside the budget, and the porting quotes I got seemed pretty high to me. So we went with new pistons and head gaskets to get a little closer to max compression. We will be starting the season on 50/50 race fuel and getting everything dialed in from there.

But if you go to a 50/50 mix it won't be a pump gas combo anymore. All those years of insisting on being pump gas and you probably could have ran a 5 five years ago if you weren't so stubborn. LOL. But then again aren't we all Stubborn in our own ways. I know I am.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time