the HP440's and standard 440's use different pumps from the factory. I'm using 3 carter carbs now. one a 4618 on a stock '69 440 and 2 edelbrocks on a ch28. both are running 6+ at the carbs using carter 6903 pumps with some mods to them. to the best of my knowledge there were (maybe still are?) 3 needle and seat combos for the carters afb/avs. .093" is the more common, carter used some .101" on the aftermarket and the .110". I prefer the smaller for driving around. I don't think the small floats (like what edelbrock uses) control the .110" very well. I have the original needle and seats out of the 4618 and they were .110", but had the large float (which I think has better control) and a vapor seperator. I have the original HP pump off my '69 and it "bench" tests at 9psi cold. I tried the .110" in my dual quads and didn't think they drove or performed as well as .093" using small floats. also, I've noticed thru the years a lot of different aftermarket needle and seat configurations for these carbs.