I'm glad that pusher fan is working out for you. Using it on a part time basis when stopped or at low speeds is a good idea.

A not to others thinking about pusher fans:
Generally, pusher fans can't move enough air to keep up at highway speeds and become generators.
Before stumbling across the Mercedes fan I tried nearly every style and combination of electric fana known to man in an attempt to keep the TT440 cool. Every pusher style I tried actually increased temperatures at highway speeds. They simply blocked too much air when unpowered. If they were turned on, the engine temp climbed quicker because they simply couldn't move enough air.

Forget the "11,000,000,000 CFM!!!!!!" rating on the parts store fans. Those cheapies (and several popular expensive brands) are rated at open flow at maximum current draw. They'll move LOTS of air with no radiator in front of them. Make them work to draw air and the ratings drop horrendously.

For any electric fan to do work it is going to need a significant power supply. If the fan you're looking at draws less than 30 maps then laugh and walk away. It won't do the job of a primary cooling fan on an old iron V8.

Auto manufacturers spend billions on research to make sure their cooling packages work from -30 to 130 degrees. Often, there are several layers of heat exchangers in front of them. Retrofitting an OEM fan is by far the best way to go. Guys have had good luck with Lincoln, Viper, and other fans.
I stumbled across the Mercedes fans out of desperation. Working in a Mercedes dealer's body shop, I was exposed to the damaged fans and drug a few home to see what would fit. The W203 C-class (2003-2007) fans fit beautifully with a snip of the shroud here and there.

Find a fan like that, upgrade your charging system to handle the current (and make old car life easier in general) and you're going to be in good shape.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon