Quote:

Congrats Jim, what size valves are in the heads?

These heads have 2.25" intake valves, but the porting is just middle of the road, nothing outstanding in the mid lifts.

Al,
In the summer we often get 2500 ft DA, with lots of humidity. The track is at 80 ft elevation, so if the sun is shineing on a 50 degree spring day with high pressure...

Rick,
I put double the front end travel limiter in to try and stop the excessive wheel stand, but it was not enough. I will increase the damping on the front shocks, add more travel limiting and see what else I can come up with (my fiberglass trunk lid would get 25 lbs off the back). And in warmer weather it should calm down some too. And if I have to move the ladder bar front mount up, I will (but it hurts the tire sidewall life).

Rapid Transit,
Thanks for the tip. I have always run 0.035" spark plug gap with my MSD digital 6 and coil. I don't believe in the big gaps. I did put new plug wires and distributor cap on for this year. I was running last year's Autolite AR3933 plugs that had 23 runs on them. I have a new set of NGK R5671A-9 ready to go.

Quote:

cudabin:
I am no expert, but according to Monte Smith, on a ladder bar car you stiffen the rear shock extension to reduce wheelies...

Thanks, I will give that a try, they are single adjustable. And I remember years ago I softened them to improve hook (weight transfer?) with the smaller engine. I started at 30 degree ignition timing just to be safe not knowing if the initial tune was lean.

Quote:

Congrats Jim, I think your the Flat tappet King of ET around here. mike

540Dust has a Duster with a 540 engine running the Comp 324/0.650" cam running my ETs. I forget the exact number and his weight.

1993 Daytona, 5.50 at 130mph (1/8) 1.19 sixty ft (PG). Link to 572 B1 - Part 1