gzig -- As for events, and that I see you live just north of Milwaukee, consider the Milwaukee region SCCA and the WAI pylon racing groups... they hold most of their events at the Brewer's Stadium during the Spring-Summer-Fall.

For track days, consider looking at the events hosted by www.mcscc.org (midwestern council of sports car clubs)... most events held at Blackhawk Farms, also one at Milwaukee mile, and one at Road america, and sometimes one at the Joliet Autobahn. HPDE typically morning, then HSAX afternoon. As I'm an active member of the MCSCC (President of the www.NSSCC.org ), we are also looking at hosting "Street Car Battles" which will combine timed HPDE with HSAX... details in the works for season 2019.

Good luck with getting the car running and setup... I suggest that you have two-sets of rims.tires... regular cruising (could easily be taller 15" tires, such as 245-60/255/60/275/60 - 15s along with a set of low-profile 17 or 18" tires, at least 275-40-17 f/r on the perfect-fit Year One 17x9 rims f/r with some 200 TW tires... or jump to 18x9 or 10 and run 275-35-18 f/r tires of 200 TW.. many more tire choice within 18" diameters.... seek 200 TW for best compromise of street/hwy/track.

IF you'd choose 16" rims, then at least 16x8 rims with an easy 255-50-16 size.. from BFG Comp series (I run these for HPDE/HSAX track events... TW ~340?... yes there are better softer tires, but they're not bad... and I already have the 16x8 rims... vintage mini-lites, as well as 15x8 same rims with BFG T/A 255-60, 275-60 tires for "cruising").

Regardless, be willing to flush your fender lips as needed and stiffen your suspension... get some bigger torsion bars (at least 1.12 dia), and stiffer leafs... and I recommend double adjustable shocks (QA1 or Viking etc)... and of course bigger sway bars f/r... and then a better driver's seat with a harness.

And the list goes on-and-on-and.

I hope to meet you someday at a local event... Plan to come to Blackhawk Farms the wknd of July 5-6-7 as I'll be co-Chairman of that race wknd for MCSCC NSSCC. I crave for Mopars to join the fun!

Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 01/25/19 06:08 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!