Quote:

Any MIL on? A loss of prime code would pop up if you were low on fluid. Any kind of slippage would also log a code. Over fill a qt and see what happens.

No idiot lights, briefly or on solid.

I am very hesitant to overfill. Nothing has changed with the dipstick, the tube, or the tube's orientation. I am fairly responsible about checking fluid levels, and dipstick is registering today what it has always registered since this van was brand new. The dipstick is warning not once, but twice against overfilling. "Do Not Overfill" and "Do Not Add Fluid if between holes".

Because this is intermittent (but getting worse), overfilling and then saying "look, it's fixed" is unrealistic. Doing so will not convince my wife that the van is not about to leave her stranded somewhere (an eventuality about which she is now convinced).

Bear in mind that my low-fluid-symptom is a former mechanic's [who never earned a living on automatic transmissions] representation of his translation of his wife's description of the symptoms. Spouse insanity can be ruled out, because my mechanically savvy 13 y/o son confirms the symptoms.

Down to just a blue car now.