Originally Posted By moparx

my only question is whether your original was "iron".
i'll bet our individual interpretation of material is what is causing the confusion.
"iron" to me is usually a part made of the same [type] of material an intake or exhaust manifold is made out of, or brake master cylinder, of which parts are cast.
to cast, or form, an "iron" condenser would be quite the task, plus be brittle in use as i have previously stated.
steel, on the other hand, would be easy to fab into a condenser, and be very rugged in use. i'll bet that is what you have, and i have lost that fact in translation.

that could be, but under my understanding, steel is an iron aleation usually with carbon to make it harder so less ductile. While iron is simply iron. In Spanish, Steel ( no chemical symbol ) is acero, while iron is Hierro ( Fe as a chemical symbol LOL )

as mentioned, the original condenser I have is made with same tubes/pipes than the gas and tranny oil cooling lines, and those are not steel. Steel is not flexible. But call it whatever you want LOL

Originally Posted By moparx

sorry if i have unnecessarily ruffled your feathers ! that was not my attempt. please forgive.
beer

naaah, don't worry... beer

Last edited by NachoRT74; 01/15/19 02:06 PM.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela