Originally Posted By savoy64
you can make your own lockup for the tranny---all you need is a on off pressure switch---pull one off a 80-90's chrysler AC unit---there is a diagram for it on line------basically the hot wire into the 2 plug lead--then the negative wire goes to the pressure port on the other side of tranny where the pressure switch is now installed---then up to your dash where you have an option if a toggle on/off---then ground back to the tranny....PATC has the diagram and explanation online....their switches are expensive----i usually just grab a few at the pick apart----on some foreign cars the same style of switches will actually have the BAR value printed right on them---the mopar AC switch works just fine...

I tried doing this on my 92 that's been converted to lock up with less than stellar results. I had to use an adjustable Hobbs switch though as the governor pressure on a diesel is about twice what the gas engine version is. Anyway when the pressure would reach the trip point the lock up would hunt in and out if you couldn't keep accelerating past that point. Really annoying. Supercuda provided a wiring diaphragm that used two Hobbs switches set to high and low pressure points and two relays so that when the pressure reached the higher switch set point the converter would lock and then would stay locked until the lower pressure switch point was reached. Works like it's factory now. Locks up about 45+/- 1 or 2 MPH and unlocks about 40+/- 1 or 2 MPH.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.