Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
I love running alcohol in my bracket car because I’m lazy and it’s more consistent. I put a trap door in my fiberglass trunk lid and the only thing I do on a race day is add alcohol every round. Head guru Darrin Morgan told our class that hands down race fuel is faster and more efficient. I would never build a weekly bracket car that needs Q16 or some other high dollar fuel. To me that doesn’t make sense.

Certainly I'd consider alcohol for a bracket car and most things blown.

Can you elaborate on why Darin thought was faster? I know it's more efficient.

I
This was only a two day (16 hour) theory class on head porting full of formulas and tips so no he really didn't go into the subject. I know he had a deep dislike for it and he didn't try hiding it. Lol. I would sure like to have him baby sit me while I ported one intake runner. Out of that 16 hours we spent 15-20 minutes on the exhaust side discussion and everything he taught me has paid dividends.

I've read some of his exhaust side theory on speed talk so I have a general idea of what he thinks!!! And it's not what many people think.

I thought about doing one of those seminars but I never had the time. Haven't been to a PRI show since 2002 or so. I don't think Morgan is even doing those seminars anymore is he?

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston