Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms
No, the 426 wires will not work, lengths are all wrong.

I use a 354 Hemi as one of my carb test engines and recently went through the plug wire dilemma. Hot Heads was a huge help, they offer several choices for early Hemis. I chose the modern Hemi boots and Taylor cut to fit wires, it's not difficult, just follow the directions and measure twice before cutting! I also went with Taylor wire looms (second pic) which keep them tidy when not using the factory wire covers. Very happy with fit and function.

The most common problem with Gen I Hemis is oil leaking around the spark plug wire holes, so far I've had none with the GenIII boots (which have a push in seal incorporated) but if you want overkill there are some expensive screw together seals you can buy that pretty much leak proof them. (Link to follow) Seals on Ebay

Thanks. Nice engines. When you are finished experimenting, I will gladly come pick up that engine, no charge.
Yes, I have always used the Taylor wires from HotHeads. Some times getting the wire to "snap" onto the plug is kinda like pushing a rope up a Bobcats butt. I replaced my Mallory electronic distributor with a MSD with the HEI cap. All the wires I have gotten from Hot Heads only would fit the standard caps with the female "holes". I have pretty good luck except the front plug on the drivers side. Not much room on this 392 under hood of a 48 DeSoto. I have found that if I pull the wire a little further out of the plastic sleeve, it helps. I am using the 426 boots.
I had not seen those seals on ebay before. Do you know if they will fit my Hot Heads valve covers?
By the way, never seen such a clean and organized shop. You should see mine.

Last edited by moparjack44; 12/23/18 12:42 PM.

K.I.S.S.