Originally Posted By steve660
https://www.clevelandpap.com/hellcat-swap-options-compared-turnkey-pallet-vs-hellcrate/

Heres what is involved putting a Hellcrate or Hellephant in a car. Would be awesome but man it wont be like dropping a BB into a SB car.

So much of what they claim you need on that website you shouldn't on your typical street rod.

For one, many of don't care about AC or power steering. I'd rather just have an alternator and nothing else....keep it simple and clean.

If you use aftermarket gauges, which most of us do anyway, you won't need to do anything with cluster. If you use a 727 then you won't need anything to get the speedo up and working. Possibly just a flex plate adapter to get it all together?

Air cleaner assembly? just build your own. It's just a cold air intake.

Key fobs, radio controls, steering wheel controls? No thanks

I'd rather just install the motor with a stand alone harness, use a manual valve body trans and keep it simple/cheap/effective.

I wanted to do a little more research on the fuel system, but from what I've heard it wouldn't be hard to just use a typical return style fuel system with a good electric pump.

Many of us run oil coolers anyway, so just tie that in.

The biggest additional cost would come from the intercooler system and the stand alone harness. The stand alone harness makes the whole swap a whole lot easier though, and I'm sure you can get away with keeping the heat exchanger system cheap and simple. I'm using a single $500 AFCO HX with a $200 Bosch coolant pump for my 96 Impala with an LSA engine out of a CTSV and 650rwhp. There are a million cheap options for the coolant reservoirs including take offs from factory cars. Or you could probably source all the factory HX parts including the variable rate pump from a totaled hellcat.

I mean, like any late model swap the odds and ends add up for sure. I just don't see it as being anything crazy. It's not a direct injection engine or anything crazy like that. It's not much unlike doing an LSA swap in a 60's Chevy and there are only about a million of those floating around.

Last edited by 1mean340; 12/21/18 04:20 PM.