Years back Mopar said if its a street car that will idle for 30 minutes then don't use the chrome box. But many have used them for years. Back in the late 90's I had a mild 383 Dart that ran 12's so I bought the orange MP ECU since its a street car and will idle a lot. I bought it around 98 or 99 and its still running fine as its been on my 63 since 2006 and was on the Dart which my son now owns from the late 90's until 2006. My son bought MSD we installed on his Dart after we put a 400 in it. His car ran the same 11.40's with the MSD ign and the MP orange ECU. So I took the orange ECU with an older Acell Super Coil and still run it on my 63. It runs in the 10's as a street car and never misses a beat. I have checked my timing and it is not retarding my timing at higher rpm as many say newer ones do. Best I can tell you is my sons Dart started , idled and ran the same with the orange MP ECU as it did with the MSD ign. I have not run a newer one so I cant say but this one I bought in the late 90's has been flawless. I am not sure what the best ones are today but it may be the Rev-N-Ator ECU from what I have heard. I don't even know if anyone sells the chrome one anymore ? Good luck , Ron

Last edited by 383man; 12/11/18 05:11 AM.