I have not updated this thread in a while, but I finally got back to work on the racecar. I spoke with my engine builder and he said that he could take the Hemi after Thanksgiving so I got it pulled out of the yellow 70 Charger R/T SE last night. Because of the known issues that the Mopar Performance crate Hemi engines from the era,I have always planned to have a machine shop go through the engine before running it. My friend has two 472 Hemi crate engines from Cummins, and both of them had issues. The first one had the wrong head gaskets on it,the rear main seal was installed backwards, and the rocker arm adjustment studs were over hardened causing them to be brittle, and three of them broke. His second 472 Hemi crate engine lunched the camshaft due to a batch of improperly hardened camshafts from Comp Cams. I bought my engine in 2004,and I have not run it yet. I have no way of knowing if my engine has any of the issues that my friends engines had, or if it has one of the improperly hardened camshafts in it. My friends engine that lunched the camshaft was still under warranty, so Cummins rebuilt it and sent it back to him and it has been fine since. Because I never ran my engine, the warranty is long over so if it were to fail it would be on me. Now that I am using the engine for the racecar, and I am using the Edelbrock 705 horsepower top end kit,this should take care of most of the issues that Cummins built Hemi engines from the era had. I will probably have to swap out the 9 to 1 compression pistons as well to make the horsepower that I am looking for.

20181204_172804.jpg20181204_172815.jpg20181204_172838.jpg

70 Charger R/T SE 472 Hemi 70 Charger R/T convertible 70 Charger R/T V Code Sixpack 69 Charger R/T SE Sunroofcar 68 Charger 383 68 Charger 318 71 Charger R/T 70 Challenger convertible 71 Challenger convertible 71 Cuda 340 09 Challenger R/T Classic