I have a 451 that has been in my car for some time. I built the motor years ago, spent most of its time at the track, turning the car to 10.70's. Well, over time I now prefer to drive the car on the street, but its a pain to drive on the street, due to the cam and carb on the motor. I was running a cam motion solid roller that i got from indy cylinder head 276/283 @.50 691/630 lift.

Ive decided to swap in a milder cam. Im going to run a comp cams 292 xr street roller 254/260@ .50 and with the 1.6 rockers it will have 620/628 lift, and run a 1000 cfm holley 4150. I feel this will make the motor much more streetable compared to what i have. Will also match my 4.10 gear and 4000 stall converter better than my old cam did.

Anyways, I would like to get my 440-1's rebuilt. Iwas thinking about sending them back to indy cylinder head to get it done. I was wondering if anbody else does a good job on rebuilding heads. I dont trust the local shops here at all. My heads just have the bowls ported on them. Do you think for this setup i am goingto run, Will i benifit from further porting?? And does my new setup seem like a good choice, just looking for some opinions on who to send my head too, and any advice.