I sold a friend a 2005 neon in April. It got stolen and he had it repaired after it was recovered.

His wife drove it home appx 20 miles. Shut it off, then it wouldn’t restart. It would initially crank, run for 5 seconds, then die.

Now it doesn’t even crank.

He gave it back to me, and now I want to fix it.

Here is what I can tell that is going on.

“Fuse” flashes on the instrument cluster, and the red security light flashes as well.

The locksmith replaced the ignition or made a key or both. It is a gray key like the car had when I sold my friend the car. It is an “ilco” key. I’m not sure it has a chip in it. How do I find out?

The collar for the anti theft is hanging down from the column. It is still plugged in.

The under column wiring was cut due to the thieves, but the locksmith was said to have reconnected it.

The fuse panel under the hood has no fuses. Only relays. I’m not sure there are supposed to be fuses, but it looks like there is supposed to be. Supposedly she drove the car home sans fuses.

So what I need, PLEASE is an underdash fuse panel diagram, or better yet, a picture of someone’s panel, so I know WHAT it is supposed to be.

Pic or wire diagram of under the column. Right now, there is a yellow wire going to a blue wire, and a blue jumper wire in a connector....

I will get pics in the morning. Right now it is late, and pic quality would suffer.

Thank you in advance!