Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By Nick Stevanovski
One of the big things I don't understand is the different valves/blocks. If I have 12.19" 4 piston brakes in front and 11" 4 pistons out back, do I need any kinds of valves or could I run straight lines since they're all disc and the front rotors are bigger? How exactly does this work?

Generally when I do a 4 wheel disc set up, no proportioning valve, no distribution block, the rear line directly off the master, the fronts directly off the master with a tee downline to break left/right front, I generally bend/form my own stainless hard lines, you may need an adjustable proportioning valve for the rears if you haven't sized your F/R caliper piston size to create an ideal 60/40 F/R brake bias, worse case scenario I would allow before adding an adjustable PV is a 70/30 F/R bias

FYI, I temporarily install 4 hydraulic gauges one at each line/caliper end when I create a system so that I know exactly what pressure/bias I'm creating, I strongly recommend installing gauges temporarily as you design your system, I use gauges rated to 2000 psi, needed esp on a power assisted system, you can tee the gauges and the bleeder screw directly into the bleeder ports on the calipers, bleed and test the system in one shot...

Mike

Wow thank you very much. Thats the most straight to the point answer i think anyones ever seen. I will most likely go the hydraulic gauge route too. If i dont what other way would i be able to find out braking bias? Theyre 12.19” rotors in the front and 11” in the back, all are 4 pistons.