Howdy!

I have a B&M ratchet shifter to run the 727 in my ‘54 pickup. The whole firewall and floor are in the process of being re-created now due to rust issues and stuffing a 512 stroker 8” through the firewall, so it is a clean sheet of paper design situation.

I mocked up the stock bench seat and new column in the truck to see where the shifter wants to go and it is comfy and has room to shift without punching the dash with the plastic console box section almost butted up to the bench seat. Y’know- the part that normally gets an arch trimmed into it so it can sit on the tunnel in a musclecar?

So now I am trying to figure out how to mount it. I am torn between hanging it on a pedistal and letting the cable show on it’s way out to under the floor, or boxing in the whole area like a console that’s open on the bottom or possibly even has storage or a cupholder?

Who’s got ideas or pics or any helpful or even stupid snarky comments? I’m totally open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

FB86EDDB-1CAE-42C6-BB16-A0880C2E699F.jpeg904908DF-4E9F-41D1-9115-7B3815814077.jpeg