I raced from 1980>1991 in my short career here in the UK, mostly for the enjoyment and to see how fast I could go. Wasn't interested in the glory as there wasn't really any to be had those days. I did win a few championships brkt racing and have some trophies, but as time went by I started to think that seeing as we are part of the race event which brings the people in and we had to pay an entry fee we should get something back for winning/participating if you did well, and in those days there wasn't any, we were there for the privilege as it were.

A one off H-up event came about with prize money and I ended up in the final against another '71 Cuda, a 440 car, and my 340. I remember the guy asked me not to use my N20 to make it a race as he ran almost the same times as me NA, I thought about it for a second, what the hell, throw away the fair play us british are known for and go for it. I won but made it look a close race, I picked up £250 that night and took all the racers out for a drink on my winnings....thats the only time I ever won any money, it sure made it a whole bunch more interesting rewarding for me when money is on the table.

sorry for long post.

Last edited by rb446; 11/16/18 05:40 PM.

1969 'Cuda 446ci, best 9.96@133.9 in 1990
1971 340 'Cuda, best 11.01@122.8 in 1987