I'm building a 410 (early 360 040) with intentions of road course lapping HPDE and HSAX, currently street/hwy (mostly hwy) driven to/from the events. 727 w BM Holes Shot ~2400 stall, 3.23 rear gear, car weighs ~3350 with driver (empty trunk, ~1/2 tank). I'm NOT a drag racer (rarely attend the strip). I run factory power disc brakes and the vacuum SIX PACK (with ProMax mods... runs great!).

I've built the short block with all forged items: Icon 745 -20cc pistons, forged 4" crank, forged H-Beam rods. CR should be around 9.8 with open chamber T/A cast iron heads (see below).

I already have ported T/A heads that have been flowed .. pretty good "stealth" figures. Club's racing class rules favor that I stay with cast iron heads (going with aluminum ~Eddy places me into a much tougher class whereby winning would be more tough to accomplish, at this time, with this particular club); I may eventually change to to the Eddy alum heads (mildly ported, if/when I do... maybe in a few years, maybe sooner). Using my ported T/A heads (now) will save me $$$$.

So, I'm confused at mfg'rs listings as they typically don't make suggestions for "stroker" engines. Suggestions? I want some bottom end rpms, but mostly strong mid-range rpms and decent top end rpms... all for road racing... 3000-6000 racing.

I've been told that the duration needs to be increased considerably for SB strokers, as well as concern about detonation. Any help with suggestions would be appreciated very much. (So far, I've only discussed with Hughes.)

PS: I've ruled out "roller hyd" due to the increased angle of the push rods with the "taller" roller lifters... would become a severe angle, especially for the intakes, and the push rod tunnel would have to be machined larger... so I'll pass on this option of roller hyd.

Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 11/05/18 02:02 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!