Kind of wondering the same??? I'm advocating larger wheels for shorter sidewalls

I don't consider that to be a performance, but my point was people in a lot of cases run taller tires, so yes they fit. I also don't really consider running 14" anything to be optimal for handling/braking, etc as I've stated.

You aren't even using a sub 24" tire so I really don't understand why you had to get difficult about "nobody" - basically making my point for me - and yes this is in the context of the handling forum. I think in general we agree that large sidewalls flex a lot, but in the context about handling and increasing braking performance, put some bigger wheels on it - then you can upgrade everything else too.

I have a 1970 Duster with 275-35-18's which are 25.6" tall and by pushing the fender brace out, using the correct backspacing wheels, a minor grind on the Plymouth only fender brace tab, and a pan head bolt and they turn excellent. The back has the MP offset shackle kit, B-body 8 3/4 and no other mods.

'70 Duster 470hp 340/T56 Magnum/8 3/4 3.23 Sure-Grip