late update,replaced the crank sensor and thought it was fixed???,i used a genuine mopar part!,drove for a few miles and it died again,no sputter just wham its dead interesting thing,if i just shift to netural or park and crank it wont start,BUT if i turn the key off then back on and crank it starts,i replaced the ign switch and tumbler a while back,surely not a loose wire where it plugs into the switch???? i did splice the wires and plug that go to the switchmbut that was 20 yrs ago,i left the wires long and stuffed them down into the column,i suppose its possible one of them has rubbed bare and shorting out,tho that seems far fetched,i looked at the wiring harness junction several yrs ago and it was ok,dont have a code reader and cant count flashes as this is obd1 ,IF it has set a code??
i hate these search and destroy missions,anyone else have a problem like this?,i ran a wire years ago from the fuelpump to near the battery,i can make the pump run by touching the wire to the hot post of the battery
i know its a old truck with 348,000 miles but ive owned it since 95 and its my trusty backup that ill never sell

my ladder of success is missing some rungs